Heimlich Maneuver Poster
§229.173 Heimlich Maneuver Poster.
The purpose of this section is to establish the requirements for signs depicting the Heimlich Maneuver for dislodging an obstruction from a choking person.
The prescribed sign shall be in all food service establishments and shall be in a place conspicuous to employees or customers.
(c) Implementation date.
This rule shall be implemented 90 days after the effective date of the rule.
The prescribed sign shall meet the following poster requirements:
(1) the poster shall be printed on white 70 pound gloss coated cover stock and shall be no smaller than 15 inches wide by 18 inches long;
(2) the poster shall be printed in English and Spanish and in at least two conspicuous contrasting colors. Major title and figure blocks shall be in contrasting color to remaining copy blocks;
(3) major poster headings shall be a minimum Bengeat Bold 72 point or equivalent;
(4) subheadings shall be a minimum Bengeat Bold Italic 60 point or equivalent;
(5) remaining subheadings shall be a minimum Bengeat Bold 24 point or equivalent; and
(6) body copy shall be Helios Bold 14 point or equivalent.
(e) Camera ready copies.
Camera ready copies of the sign shall be available for reproduction purposes upon written request to: Texas Department of Health, Retail Foods Division, 1100 West 49th Street, Austin, Texas 78756-3182.