Bed and Breakfast Extended Establishments
§229.174 Bed and Breakfast Extended Establishments.
Bed and breakfast extended establishments shall comply with these minimum requirements of this section.
(b) Food supplies.
Food shall be obtained from approved sources, shall be in sound condition, and be safe for human consumption.
(c) Food preparation and protection.
(1) Food preparation and protection. Food shall be prepared and protected in accordance with these rules.
(2) Temperature requirements. All food temperature requirements shall be met as contained in §229.164(k)-(n) of this title (relating to Food).
(d) Cleaning and sanitizing.
(1) Manual. A three compartment sink shall be used if washing, rinsing and sanitizing of utensils and equipment is done manually; or a two compartment sink may be utilized if single service tableware is provided, or when an approved detergent sanitizer is used.
(2) Mechanical. Cleaning and sanitizing may be done by spray-type or immersion dishwashing machines or by any other type of machine or device if it is demonstrated that it thoroughly cleans and sanitizes equipment and utensils either by chemical or mechanical sanitization.
(e) Personal hygiene.
Employees shall conform to good hygienic practices as required in these rules.
(f) Employee restrooms.
A restroom shall be available for use by employees.
(g) Equipment and utensil design and construction.
All equipment and utensils shall be constructed of safe materials and maintained in good repair.
(1) Location. An accessible and conveniently located handwash sink shall be provided in or immediately adjacent to food preparation areas.
(2) Intended use. Handsink(s) shall be used for no other purpose other than handwashing.
(i) Food-contact surfaces.
All food contact surfaces, counters, or work surfaces in the establishment shall be smooth, non-absorbent and easily cleanable.
(j) Insect proof/rodent proof.
(1) Construction. Food service preparation and storage areas shall be constructed and maintained to prevent the entry of pests and other vermin.
(2) Chemical control. Pesticides and rodenticides shall be applied according to law.
(k) Equipment. Equipment shall be provided to maintain potentially hazardous foods at the temperatures required by these rules.
(l) Garbage receptacles. Impervious receptacles shall be provided for storage of garbage and refuse.
(m) Sewage. Sewage shall be disposed through an approved facility that is:
(1) a public sewage treatment plant; or
(2) an individual sewage disposal system that is sized, constructed, maintained, and operated according to law.
(n) Water supply. Hot and cold water under pressure shall be provided and shall be from an approved source.